Daughter of Iran`s ex-president stands trial
Tehran: The daughter of former Iranian
President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has been brought to trial
on charges of making propaganda against the ruling system.
Her lawyer, Gholam Ali Riahi, tells the semiofficial ISNA
news agency that the charges against Faezeh Hashemi are
related to interviews she gave to news websites.
Hashemi appeared at opposition protests after the
disputed June 2009 presidential elections and was briefly
detained in February.
Riahi said today he has asked the court to give him three
days to prepare a final defense.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!