Daughters not with parents on Obama`s vacation this year
Edgartown (US): President Barack Obama`s vacation is humming along, but the family vibe is different this year. Daughters Malia and Sasha aren`t with their parents.
The girls are at an undisclosed summer camp, but the White House says they`ll eventually join their parents. They won`t say exactly when.
"When they get here, we`ll let you know," spokesman Josh Earnest said today.
First lady Michelle Obama is with her husband on Martha`s Vineyard in Massachusetts. They arrived Saturday, along with family dog Bo.
Obama is scheduled to return to Washington on Sunday.
Malia is 15 and Sasha is 12, and increasingly they are leading lives more independent of their parents.
So far, the president`s vacation has had back-to-back days of hourslong golf outings.
The White House took the unusual step Sunday of allowing reporters and photographers to watch Obama tee off on the first hole. His golf outings generally are off-limits to media coverage.
In contrast to President Bill Clinton`s vacations on the island in the 1990s, when he often was seen in public, such sightings of Obama generally are limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!
- Arjun Rampal captures priceless moments from 'Kahaani 2'! – View pics
- Gene connected to multiple sclerosis discovered, claim scientists!
- Uma Bharti silences Digvijay Singh, says Rahul Gandhi''s 'heart is burning'
- Market-cap of top 10 companies swells by Rs 98,598 cr, ITC biggest gainer