Daughters not with parents on Obama`s vacation this year
Edgartown (US): President Barack Obama`s vacation is humming along, but the family vibe is different this year. Daughters Malia and Sasha aren`t with their parents.
The girls are at an undisclosed summer camp, but the White House says they`ll eventually join their parents. They won`t say exactly when.
"When they get here, we`ll let you know," spokesman Josh Earnest said today.
First lady Michelle Obama is with her husband on Martha`s Vineyard in Massachusetts. They arrived Saturday, along with family dog Bo.
Obama is scheduled to return to Washington on Sunday.
Malia is 15 and Sasha is 12, and increasingly they are leading lives more independent of their parents.
So far, the president`s vacation has had back-to-back days of hourslong golf outings.
The White House took the unusual step Sunday of allowing reporters and photographers to watch Obama tee off on the first hole. His golf outings generally are off-limits to media coverage.
In contrast to President Bill Clinton`s vacations on the island in the 1990s, when he often was seen in public, such sightings of Obama generally are limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen