David Cameron `disturbed` after Muslims forced to halt mosque plan
David Cameron has said he is `disturbed` that Muslims were forced to abandon plans for a mosque in his constituency because racists threatened to burn it down.
But the shop`s landlord, George Wissinter, received threats within hours of the council granting planning permission, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, he was told by an anonymous caller that his shop would be burned down if the mosque went ahead.
Cameron said that he was `greatly disturbed to learn of threats being made in Chipping Norton following the District Council`s decision to grant permission for a prayer room for the Muslim community.`
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference