David Cameron `disturbed` after Muslims forced to halt mosque plan
David Cameron has said he is `disturbed` that Muslims were forced to abandon plans for a mosque in his constituency because racists threatened to burn it down.
But the shop`s landlord, George Wissinter, received threats within hours of the council granting planning permission, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the paper, he was told by an anonymous caller that his shop would be burned down if the mosque went ahead.
Cameron said that he was `greatly disturbed to learn of threats being made in Chipping Norton following the District Council`s decision to grant permission for a prayer room for the Muslim community.`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video