David Cameron hit with egg during campaigning
London: Tory leader David Cameron on Wednesday
laughed off being hit by an egg while campaigning for the May
6 elections, dismissing it as the "first of the campaign".
Cameron was struck on the shoulder as he emerged from
answering students` questions during a visit to College
Saltash in Cornwall.
The egg, thrown by a teen-aged hoodie glanced off
Cameron`s shoulder and splattered on the jacket of a police
officer beside him. The yolk stained Cameron`s white shirt.
The young man was identified as Tyler Dixon from
Ernesettle, Plymouth. He was immediately led away but was
released after police established that he did not have any
more missiles on him. He will not face any charges, British
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "A 16-
year-old student threw an egg. It didn`t hit David Cameron but
it hit someone else at the event. He was arrested but was de-
arrested before reaching a police station."
Emily Taylor, a midwife, said that she saw Cameron
immediately after the attack and "he looked pretty angry".
But the Tory leader, who yesterday confronted a tabloid
journalist who has been following him round dressed as a giant
chicken, did his best to laugh it off.
"That was the first of the campaign," he said. "Now I
know which came first ? the chicken not the egg."
The incident was the most high-profile "egging" since
the BNP leader, Nick Griffin, was forced to call off a press
conference outside Parliament last June when he came under
fire from a hail of eggs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday