‘David Cameron`s visit will boost India-UK relations`
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron`s visit to India later this month will give a significant boost to bilateral relations, India`s High Commissioner to the UK Jaimini Bhagwati said here.
"There will be significant advancement in the India-UK relations with the forthcoming visit of British Prime Minister to India in the near future," Bhagwati said at a function last night.
The High Commissioner noted that since the last successful visit of Cameron to India in 2010, "we have done quite a bit. Despite the global melt-down, bilateral trade and investment has been good."
Bhagwati was speaking at a function organised by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan here.
He said BP (British Petroleum) had made 8 billion dollar investment in India, the single largest investment, prospecting for oil and gas. "The UK has competency in infrastructure sector and we need it."
Joginder Sanger, Chairman of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, London, said since Bhagwati took over as High Commissioner of India to the UK, there has been a significant improvement in the UK-India relations and relations between the Indian community and the High Commission.
Praising India`s pluralism, secularism and democracy, Lord Khalid Hameed said "India has all attributes of a great nation from time immemorial".
Lord Bhiku Parikh congratulated the Bhavan for the wonderful work they are doing in promoting Indian art and culture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!