‘David Cameron`s visit will boost India-UK relations`
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron`s visit to India later this month will give a significant boost to bilateral relations, India`s High Commissioner to the UK Jaimini Bhagwati said here.
"There will be significant advancement in the India-UK relations with the forthcoming visit of British Prime Minister to India in the near future," Bhagwati said at a function last night.
The High Commissioner noted that since the last successful visit of Cameron to India in 2010, "we have done quite a bit. Despite the global melt-down, bilateral trade and investment has been good."
Bhagwati was speaking at a function organised by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan here.
He said BP (British Petroleum) had made 8 billion dollar investment in India, the single largest investment, prospecting for oil and gas. "The UK has competency in infrastructure sector and we need it."
Joginder Sanger, Chairman of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, London, said since Bhagwati took over as High Commissioner of India to the UK, there has been a significant improvement in the UK-India relations and relations between the Indian community and the High Commission.
Praising India`s pluralism, secularism and democracy, Lord Khalid Hameed said "India has all attributes of a great nation from time immemorial".
Lord Bhiku Parikh congratulated the Bhavan for the wonderful work they are doing in promoting Indian art and culture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla