‘David Cameron`s visit will boost India-UK relations`
London: British Prime Minister David Cameron`s visit to India later this month will give a significant boost to bilateral relations, India`s High Commissioner to the UK Jaimini Bhagwati said here.
"There will be significant advancement in the India-UK relations with the forthcoming visit of British Prime Minister to India in the near future," Bhagwati said at a function last night.
The High Commissioner noted that since the last successful visit of Cameron to India in 2010, "we have done quite a bit. Despite the global melt-down, bilateral trade and investment has been good."
Bhagwati was speaking at a function organised by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan here.
He said BP (British Petroleum) had made 8 billion dollar investment in India, the single largest investment, prospecting for oil and gas. "The UK has competency in infrastructure sector and we need it."
Joginder Sanger, Chairman of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, London, said since Bhagwati took over as High Commissioner of India to the UK, there has been a significant improvement in the UK-India relations and relations between the Indian community and the High Commission.
Praising India`s pluralism, secularism and democracy, Lord Khalid Hameed said "India has all attributes of a great nation from time immemorial".
Lord Bhiku Parikh congratulated the Bhavan for the wonderful work they are doing in promoting Indian art and culture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof