Dead baby in China wakes up crying at funeral parlour
Beijing: A Chinese baby who had been declared dead by doctors shocked mourners by crying aloud at a funeral parlour, minutes before his cremation.
The baby boy, less than one month old in east China`s Anhui Province, was sent back immediately to the Provincial Children`s Hospital for emergency treatment after he was found alive by a staff from the funeral parlour in Hefei.
The Anhui Provincial Children`s Hospital had issued a death certificate for the boy. He would have been cremated under normal procedures, according to the Hefei Municipal Funeral Parlour.
The baby had suffered from congenital respiratory system malformation since birth and was critically ill. His parents agreed on November 12 to give up his medical treatment, according to a staff member from the hospital, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
"Because the baby still had life signs, we continued to give him transfusion to maintain his life for humanitarian reasons," said the staff member on condition of anonymity.
The reasons for the baby being mistakenly confirmed dead need further scrutiny, according to the staff member.
The baby boy is still receiving emergency treatment at the hospital. A doctor and a nursing worker who were on duty today and judged responsible for the accident have been suspended from work and laid off respectively, according to the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore