Dead Boston Marathon bomber was married to American woman
Washington: Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the 26-year-old Boston Marathon bomber who was killed in a shoot-out with police, had an American wife and daughter, it has been revealed.
According to RadarOnline.com Tsarnaev was married to Katherine Russell, who grew up in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, where her father Russell is a doctor and her mother a nurse.
The 24-year-old woman was raised a Christian and converted to Islam after marrying Tsarnaev when she was a student.
In a statement given to a UK paper Friday night, Katherine’s parents Warren and Judith said that their daughter has lost her husband and their grandchild has her father.
Katherine is one of the Russells’ three daughters. She is believed to have met Tamerlan while she was a student at Boston’s Suffolk University. Records show she attended from 2007 to 2010 but did not graduate.
They married and had a daughter, Zahara, now three.
At first, Katherine and Tamerian were frequent visitors to Katherine’s family home. Katherine used her husband’s last name and her she appeared to be dressing more in the style of Muslim women.
But that appears to have stopped about a year ago.
A neighbour told the UK paper that Katherine moved back home a year ago and was living at home with the baby, but her husband was never seen again.
Tamerian’s brother Dzhokhar was captured alive but seriously wounded Friday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore