Dead Boston Marathon bomber was married to American woman
Washington: Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the 26-year-old Boston Marathon bomber who was killed in a shoot-out with police, had an American wife and daughter, it has been revealed.
According to RadarOnline.com Tsarnaev was married to Katherine Russell, who grew up in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, where her father Russell is a doctor and her mother a nurse.
The 24-year-old woman was raised a Christian and converted to Islam after marrying Tsarnaev when she was a student.
In a statement given to a UK paper Friday night, Katherine’s parents Warren and Judith said that their daughter has lost her husband and their grandchild has her father.
Katherine is one of the Russells’ three daughters. She is believed to have met Tamerlan while she was a student at Boston’s Suffolk University. Records show she attended from 2007 to 2010 but did not graduate.
They married and had a daughter, Zahara, now three.
At first, Katherine and Tamerian were frequent visitors to Katherine’s family home. Katherine used her husband’s last name and her she appeared to be dressing more in the style of Muslim women.
But that appears to have stopped about a year ago.
A neighbour told the UK paper that Katherine moved back home a year ago and was living at home with the baby, but her husband was never seen again.
Tamerian’s brother Dzhokhar was captured alive but seriously wounded Friday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation