Dead Boston Marathon bomber was married to American woman
Washington: Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the 26-year-old Boston Marathon bomber who was killed in a shoot-out with police, had an American wife and daughter, it has been revealed.
According to RadarOnline.com Tsarnaev was married to Katherine Russell, who grew up in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, where her father Russell is a doctor and her mother a nurse.
The 24-year-old woman was raised a Christian and converted to Islam after marrying Tsarnaev when she was a student.
In a statement given to a UK paper Friday night, Katherine’s parents Warren and Judith said that their daughter has lost her husband and their grandchild has her father.
Katherine is one of the Russells’ three daughters. She is believed to have met Tamerlan while she was a student at Boston’s Suffolk University. Records show she attended from 2007 to 2010 but did not graduate.
They married and had a daughter, Zahara, now three.
At first, Katherine and Tamerian were frequent visitors to Katherine’s family home. Katherine used her husband’s last name and her she appeared to be dressing more in the style of Muslim women.
But that appears to have stopped about a year ago.
A neighbour told the UK paper that Katherine moved back home a year ago and was living at home with the baby, but her husband was never seen again.
Tamerian’s brother Dzhokhar was captured alive but seriously wounded Friday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!