`Dead` candidate elected in south Mexico village
Mexico City: It`s been said that to get elected to public office all you need is a pulse, but prosecutors Mexico are investigating how a man certified as dead got elected mayor of a village in southern Mexico.
Lenin Carballido narrowly won Sunday`s election in San Agustin Amatengo, near the colonial city of Oaxaca.
But then a death certificate surfaced, indicating that Carballido had died in 2010 of a diabetic coma.
Officials in Oaxaca today said the certificate had been drawn up and signed by a public registry official, but the death had been faked.
Prosecutors say one of Carballido`s relatives used the death certificate to convince detectives to drop an arrest warrant for an alleged 2004 rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?