Dead shark found in New York subway car
New York: A dead shark was found in a New York City subway car, prompting passengers to flood social-networking sites with photos of the small animal.
"Around 12:30 a.m on Wednesday the driver of the N train informed us at the Queensboro Plaza stop that there was a shark onboard," a Metropolitan Transit Authority, or MTA, spokesman told EFE.
The driver "isolated" the car and continued his run to the next station in Queens, where the animal was tossed in the trash, the MTA spokesman said.
Transit officials have no idea how the animal ended up in the subway car, the MTA spokesman said.
Photos of the shark were quickly posted on Instagram by passengers.
The shark incident occurred as the Discovery Channel promotes "Shark Week", a week of special programming about the predators, leading some to ask whether it was a marketing gimmick.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details