‘Dead UK spy could have zipped self in bag’
London: A yoga expert says a British spy found dead in a sports bag could have zipped himself in, though a colleague had failed in more than 100 attempts to do it.
Gareth Williams worked for Britain`s secret eavesdropping service GCHQ but was attached to the MI6 overseas spy agency when his remains were found in August 2010 inside the bag, which was found in a bathtub at his London apartment.
Yoga specialist William MacKay said an associate about the same size as the 31-year-old had repeatedly failed to pull the zipper closed.
MacKay told an inquest into Williams` death today that it was "probably unlikely" that he locked himself in. But he added, "There are people around who can do amazing things and Mr. Williams may well have been one of those persons."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray favours 'Sharia-type' law to tackle rape
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi