Deadliest sniper in US military history shot dead
Washington: A former US Navy Seal who recorded more than 150 sniper kills, the most in US military history, was reportedly gunned down by a former Marine at a shooting range in Texas, a media report said.
Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank Saturday at a charity event, the Daily Mail reported.
The event was held at a gun range in Erath County.
The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase.
He was driving Kyle`s truck at the time of the arrest.
Investigators said Routh is a former Marine, suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Kyle authored the best-seller "American Sniper" about his four tours in Iraq.
His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.
He left the service in 2009 and started his own military contracting firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother