Deadliest sniper in US military history shot dead
Washington: A former US Navy Seal who recorded more than 150 sniper kills, the most in US military history, was reportedly gunned down by a former Marine at a shooting range in Texas, a media report said.
Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank Saturday at a charity event, the Daily Mail reported.
The event was held at a gun range in Erath County.
The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase.
He was driving Kyle`s truck at the time of the arrest.
Investigators said Routh is a former Marine, suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Kyle authored the best-seller "American Sniper" about his four tours in Iraq.
His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.
He left the service in 2009 and started his own military contracting firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani