Deadliest sniper in US military history shot dead
Washington: A former US Navy Seal who recorded more than 150 sniper kills, the most in US military history, was reportedly gunned down by a former Marine at a shooting range in Texas, a media report said.
Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank Saturday at a charity event, the Daily Mail reported.
The event was held at a gun range in Erath County.
The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase.
He was driving Kyle`s truck at the time of the arrest.
Investigators said Routh is a former Marine, suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Kyle authored the best-seller "American Sniper" about his four tours in Iraq.
His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.
He left the service in 2009 and started his own military contracting firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know