Deadliest sniper in US military history shot dead
Washington: A former US Navy Seal who recorded more than 150 sniper kills, the most in US military history, was reportedly gunned down by a former Marine at a shooting range in Texas, a media report said.
Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank Saturday at a charity event, the Daily Mail reported.
The event was held at a gun range in Erath County.
The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase.
He was driving Kyle`s truck at the time of the arrest.
Investigators said Routh is a former Marine, suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Kyle authored the best-seller "American Sniper" about his four tours in Iraq.
His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.
He left the service in 2009 and started his own military contracting firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS