Deadliest sniper in US military history shot dead
Washington: A former US Navy Seal who recorded more than 150 sniper kills, the most in US military history, was reportedly gunned down by a former Marine at a shooting range in Texas, a media report said.
Chris Kyle, 39, and another man were shot point-blank Saturday at a charity event, the Daily Mail reported.
The event was held at a gun range in Erath County.
The suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, was arrested in Lancaster, Texas after a police chase.
He was driving Kyle`s truck at the time of the arrest.
Investigators said Routh is a former Marine, suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome.
Kyle authored the best-seller "American Sniper" about his four tours in Iraq.
His military awards include two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation.
He left the service in 2009 and started his own military contracting firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty