Deadly blast at Mitsubishi Materials factory in Japan, at least five dead
Zee Media Bureau
Tokyo: At least five people were killed in an explosion at a Mitsubishi Materials Corp chemicals plant in western Japan, media reports citing local police said on Thursday.
According to initial reports, the explosion occurred at a plant run by Mitsubishi Materials in the town of Yokkaichi in Mie prefecture.
At least people have also sustained serious injuries in the incident. The fire department official have extinguished the fire and are trying to determine what caused the blast.
Reports said that maintenance crews were working on a heat exchanger used in the production of silicon products when the blast happened, however nothing could be confirmed as yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents