Deadly blast at Mitsubishi Materials factory in Japan, at least five dead
Zee Media Bureau
Tokyo: At least five people were killed in an explosion at a Mitsubishi Materials Corp chemicals plant in western Japan, media reports citing local police said on Thursday.
According to initial reports, the explosion occurred at a plant run by Mitsubishi Materials in the town of Yokkaichi in Mie prefecture.
At least people have also sustained serious injuries in the incident. The fire department official have extinguished the fire and are trying to determine what caused the blast.
Reports said that maintenance crews were working on a heat exchanger used in the production of silicon products when the blast happened, however nothing could be confirmed as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!