Deadly clashes on Yemen uprising anniversary
Aden (Yemen): Security officials say two people were killed and dozens wounded in clashes between Islamists and separatists in southern Yemen, as tens of thousands protested in the capital to mark the second anniversary of the nation`s uprising.
Members of the Islamist Islah party and southerners calling for independence fought in Aden during a protest marking the start of the uprising that ousted longtime autocrat Ali Abdullah Saleh. Security officials say both sides fired live ammunition at each other, killing a bystander and a 25 year-old separatist.
An Associated Press reporter at the scene says security officials also fired in the air to disperse the crowd yesterday.
Protesters nationwide took to the streets today to demand Saleh be tried for the killing of protesters during the uprising against his rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what