Deadly clashes on Yemen uprising anniversary
Aden (Yemen): Security officials say two people were killed and dozens wounded in clashes between Islamists and separatists in southern Yemen, as tens of thousands protested in the capital to mark the second anniversary of the nation`s uprising.
Members of the Islamist Islah party and southerners calling for independence fought in Aden during a protest marking the start of the uprising that ousted longtime autocrat Ali Abdullah Saleh. Security officials say both sides fired live ammunition at each other, killing a bystander and a 25 year-old separatist.
An Associated Press reporter at the scene says security officials also fired in the air to disperse the crowd yesterday.
Protesters nationwide took to the streets today to demand Saleh be tried for the killing of protesters during the uprising against his rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey