Deadly clashes on Yemen uprising anniversary
Aden (Yemen): Security officials say two people were killed and dozens wounded in clashes between Islamists and separatists in southern Yemen, as tens of thousands protested in the capital to mark the second anniversary of the nation`s uprising.
Members of the Islamist Islah party and southerners calling for independence fought in Aden during a protest marking the start of the uprising that ousted longtime autocrat Ali Abdullah Saleh. Security officials say both sides fired live ammunition at each other, killing a bystander and a 25 year-old separatist.
An Associated Press reporter at the scene says security officials also fired in the air to disperse the crowd yesterday.
Protesters nationwide took to the streets today to demand Saleh be tried for the killing of protesters during the uprising against his rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack