Deadly rains affect 200,000 in China
Beijing: Continuous rainfall has claimed one life and affecting some 200,000 people in southwest China, authorities said Sunday.
The rains started Thursday and had battered 14 counties in Guangxi region, Xinhua reported.
The downpour damaged or destroyed 561 houses and ruined 12,120 hectares of crops, resulting in direct economic losses of about $24 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border