Deal struck to rebuild NY church destroyed on 9/11
New York: It took a decade, but a deal has
finally been struck to rebuild a New York City church
destroyed on 9/11.
The new St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church will be about 3
times as large as the old one.
It`s just a short walk down Liberty Street from the
ruined chapel it had occupied for 85 years.
The resolution of the dispute was announced today by the
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Port Authority
of New York and New Jersey.
The church will rebuild on Port Authority land. The
settlement was mediated by the office of Gov Andrew Cuomo. It
will end a lawsuit filed earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city