Deal struck to rebuild NY church destroyed on 9/11
New York: It took a decade, but a deal has
finally been struck to rebuild a New York City church
destroyed on 9/11.
The new St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church will be about 3
times as large as the old one.
It`s just a short walk down Liberty Street from the
ruined chapel it had occupied for 85 years.
The resolution of the dispute was announced today by the
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Port Authority
of New York and New Jersey.
The church will rebuild on Port Authority land. The
settlement was mediated by the office of Gov Andrew Cuomo. It
will end a lawsuit filed earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'