Deal struck to rebuild NY church destroyed on 9/11
New York: It took a decade, but a deal has
finally been struck to rebuild a New York City church
destroyed on 9/11.
The new St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church will be about 3
times as large as the old one.
It`s just a short walk down Liberty Street from the
ruined chapel it had occupied for 85 years.
The resolution of the dispute was announced today by the
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Port Authority
of New York and New Jersey.
The church will rebuild on Port Authority land. The
settlement was mediated by the office of Gov Andrew Cuomo. It
will end a lawsuit filed earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened