Deal struck to rebuild NY church destroyed on 9/11
New York: It took a decade, but a deal has
finally been struck to rebuild a New York City church
destroyed on 9/11.
The new St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church will be about 3
times as large as the old one.
It`s just a short walk down Liberty Street from the
ruined chapel it had occupied for 85 years.
The resolution of the dispute was announced today by the
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America and the Port Authority
of New York and New Jersey.
The church will rebuild on Port Authority land. The
settlement was mediated by the office of Gov Andrew Cuomo. It
will end a lawsuit filed earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony