Death penalty for ex-Iraqi vice president
Baghdad: An Iraqi court on Thursday issued for the second time the death sentence in absentia against fugitive former vice president Tariq al-Hashimi.
The Central Criminal Court of Iraq (CCCI) has also issued the death penalty in absentia against Hashimi`s son-in-law Ahmed Qahtan, Xinhua reported.
Both are accused of inciting their bodyguards to plant a bomb in the car of an interior ministry officer. The court had first issued the death sentence against them Sep 9.
Hashimi and Qahtan are believed to be in hiding in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence