Death penalty for ex-Iraqi vice president
Baghdad: An Iraqi court on Thursday issued for the second time the death sentence in absentia against fugitive former vice president Tariq al-Hashimi.
The Central Criminal Court of Iraq (CCCI) has also issued the death penalty in absentia against Hashimi`s son-in-law Ahmed Qahtan, Xinhua reported.
Both are accused of inciting their bodyguards to plant a bomb in the car of an interior ministry officer. The court had first issued the death sentence against them Sep 9.
Hashimi and Qahtan are believed to be in hiding in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert