Death penalty for ex-Iraqi vice president
Baghdad: An Iraqi court on Thursday issued for the second time the death sentence in absentia against fugitive former vice president Tariq al-Hashimi.
The Central Criminal Court of Iraq (CCCI) has also issued the death penalty in absentia against Hashimi`s son-in-law Ahmed Qahtan, Xinhua reported.
Both are accused of inciting their bodyguards to plant a bomb in the car of an interior ministry officer. The court had first issued the death sentence against them Sep 9.
Hashimi and Qahtan are believed to be in hiding in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player