Death penalty for ex-Iraqi vice president
Baghdad: An Iraqi court on Thursday issued for the second time the death sentence in absentia against fugitive former vice president Tariq al-Hashimi.
The Central Criminal Court of Iraq (CCCI) has also issued the death penalty in absentia against Hashimi`s son-in-law Ahmed Qahtan, Xinhua reported.
Both are accused of inciting their bodyguards to plant a bomb in the car of an interior ministry officer. The court had first issued the death sentence against them Sep 9.
Hashimi and Qahtan are believed to be in hiding in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video