Death sentence upheld for baby killer in China
Beijing: A Chinese court on Wednesday upheld a lower court`s verdict to sentence a man to death for killing a two-month-old baby girl after stealing a car in which the infant was in.
Provincial Higher People`s Court in northeast China`s Jilin Province upheld the verdict the Changchun Intermediate People`s Court in which Zhou Xijun, 49, was sentenced to death for murdering the two-month-old baby on May 27.
Zhou appealed to the court for a more lenient judgement on the grounds that he surrendered to police and confessed his crimes.=
The court rejected his appeal for his extremely cruel means of committing the crimes and the serious consequences that resulted, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Zhou stole an SUV parked by the side of a road in Changchun, capital of Jilin Province. After finding a baby in the backseat of the vehicle, Zhou strangled the infant and buried her in the snow.
He turned himself in to police one day after massive searches for both the baby and the thief were launched by police and the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened