Death toll in Algerian plane crash reduced to 76
Algiers: Algeria`s civil defence has reduced the death toll in crash of a military transport by one to 76, with a sole survivor suffering from head injuries.
Lt. Nassim Bernaoui of Algerian Civil Defence said today there were a total of 77 people on the plane and the bodies were transferred to the military hospital at Constantine, the largest city near the crash.
The Algerian military transport slammed into a mountain in the east of the country due to high winds and snow storms, said a military statement yesterday, which initially had said there were 77 dead with one survivor. There was no explanation for the change.
Bernaoui said recovery operations in the rugged region continued until the early hours of the morning with nearly 500 men involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan