Death toll in Brazil nightclub fire rises to 237
Rio De Janeiro: State health officials say a 22-year-old man injured in last week`s deadly nightclub fire in southern Brazil has died.
The Rio Grande do Sul Health Secretariat says Bruno Portella Fricks died late yesterday from injuries he sustained in last Sunday`s blaze.
Fricks` death brings to 237 the death toll from the fire at the Kiss nightclub in the college town of Santa Maria.
In its statement today, the health secretariat said 101 people injured in the fire remain hospitalised.
Police say the fire likely started when a band set off flares, which ignited soundproofing foam on the ceiling.
Police investigators have also said the club was lacking basic fire safety equipment, and a judge last week extended the temporary detentions of the club`s owners and two band members by 30 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list