Death toll in Brazil nightclub fire rises to 237
Rio De Janeiro: State health officials say a 22-year-old man injured in last week`s deadly nightclub fire in southern Brazil has died.
The Rio Grande do Sul Health Secretariat says Bruno Portella Fricks died late yesterday from injuries he sustained in last Sunday`s blaze.
Fricks` death brings to 237 the death toll from the fire at the Kiss nightclub in the college town of Santa Maria.
In its statement today, the health secretariat said 101 people injured in the fire remain hospitalised.
Police say the fire likely started when a band set off flares, which ignited soundproofing foam on the ceiling.
Police investigators have also said the club was lacking basic fire safety equipment, and a judge last week extended the temporary detentions of the club`s owners and two band members by 30 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation