Death toll in Brazil nightclub fire rises to 237
Rio De Janeiro: State health officials say a 22-year-old man injured in last week`s deadly nightclub fire in southern Brazil has died.
The Rio Grande do Sul Health Secretariat says Bruno Portella Fricks died late yesterday from injuries he sustained in last Sunday`s blaze.
Fricks` death brings to 237 the death toll from the fire at the Kiss nightclub in the college town of Santa Maria.
In its statement today, the health secretariat said 101 people injured in the fire remain hospitalised.
Police say the fire likely started when a band set off flares, which ignited soundproofing foam on the ceiling.
Police investigators have also said the club was lacking basic fire safety equipment, and a judge last week extended the temporary detentions of the club`s owners and two band members by 30 days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'