Death toll in China ships collision reaches 11
Beijing: The death toll in the accident involving the collision of two ships in China`s central Hunan Province has climbed to 11, with one person still missing, officials said today.
One person remained missing, Liu Lanping, a spokesperson with the city government of Yuanjiang, said.
The steel ship carrying 22 people collided with an unloaded sand carrier yesterday on Yuanjiang river near Yuanjiang city, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
All the 22 onboard the ship fell into the river.
Eleven of them were confirmed dead, Liu said, adding that others have been rescued with the exception of one who is still to be traced.
Search for the missing one is still under way, and the cause of the accident is under investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch
- Six killed in vehicles' collision in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhumi Pednekar feels glad about `plus sized` actors now being given equal love
- Search for MH370 to be suspended