Death toll in Egypt sectarian clashes reaches eight
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says a Coptic Christian has died of burns sustained during sectarian clashes, raising the death toll to eight since the weekend.
The official says attackers doused Saber Helal, 26, with gasoline and set him on fire during clashes over the weekend between Muslims and Christians in Khosoos, a town north Cairo.
Four other Christians and a Muslim were killed at the time.
The official said Helal died today. He was speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media.
More clashes broke out Sunday at Cairo`s main Coptic Cathedral after funerals for the Christians killed in Khosoos.
The church was attacked and two more people were killed, one of them a Christian, in the worst sectarian violence since last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price