Death toll in Egypt sectarian clashes reaches eight
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says a Coptic Christian has died of burns sustained during sectarian clashes, raising the death toll to eight since the weekend.
The official says attackers doused Saber Helal, 26, with gasoline and set him on fire during clashes over the weekend between Muslims and Christians in Khosoos, a town north Cairo.
Four other Christians and a Muslim were killed at the time.
The official said Helal died today. He was speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media.
More clashes broke out Sunday at Cairo`s main Coptic Cathedral after funerals for the Christians killed in Khosoos.
The church was attacked and two more people were killed, one of them a Christian, in the worst sectarian violence since last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan