Death toll in Egypt sectarian clashes reaches eight
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says a Coptic Christian has died of burns sustained during sectarian clashes, raising the death toll to eight since the weekend.
The official says attackers doused Saber Helal, 26, with gasoline and set him on fire during clashes over the weekend between Muslims and Christians in Khosoos, a town north Cairo.
Four other Christians and a Muslim were killed at the time.
The official said Helal died today. He was speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media.
More clashes broke out Sunday at Cairo`s main Coptic Cathedral after funerals for the Christians killed in Khosoos.
The church was attacked and two more people were killed, one of them a Christian, in the worst sectarian violence since last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore