Death toll in Iraq suicide bombings rises to 17
Baghdad: Two suicide car bombers targeting a government compound in the Iraqi town of Ramadi killed at least 17 people and wounded 47 on Monday, a police official said.
"The death toll has risen to 17, most of them police officers, and 47 people have been wounded," he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. He said most of the wounded were in serious condition.
He said rescue operations were continuing.
Ramadi is 100 km (60 miles) west of Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!