Death toll in Iraq suicide bombings rises to 17
Baghdad: Two suicide car bombers targeting a government compound in the Iraqi town of Ramadi killed at least 17 people and wounded 47 on Monday, a police official said.
"The death toll has risen to 17, most of them police officers, and 47 people have been wounded," he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. He said most of the wounded were in serious condition.
He said rescue operations were continuing.
Ramadi is 100 km (60 miles) west of Baghdad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?