Death toll in Sydney nursing home fire climbs to 7
Sydney: An 82-year-old man has died from injuries suffered when a Sydney nursing home erupted in flames, raising the death toll from the fire to seven.
Around 10 more residents remained in hospitals on Monday. They were suffering burns and smoke inhalation from Friday`s fire, which authorities allege was set by a nurse who worked at the facility.
Police said in a statement that the latest fatality Caesar Galea died in a hospital on Monday morning.
Nurse Roger Dean has been charged with multiple counts of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?