Death toll in Turkish bombings rises to 46
Reyhanli (Turkey): An official says the death toll in a pair of car bomb attacks in a Turkish town near the Syrian border has increased to 46.
Senior ruling party official Huseyin Celik said today three people injured in the attacks in the border town of Reyhanli died overnight. Around 50 other people were still being treated in hospitals.
Turkish officials blamed yesterday`s bombings on a group linked to Syria, and said the neighbouring country`s intelligence service and military are "the usual suspects."
The blasts raised fears that Turkey could increasingly be drawn into Syria`s civil war.
Turkey already hosts Syria`s political opposition and rebel commanders, has given shelter to hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees and in the past retaliated against Syrian shells that landed in Turkey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!