Death toll rises to 62 in China`s pipeline blast
Beijing: The death toll from an oil pipeline blast in Qingdao City of China`s eastern Shandong Province rose to 62 after the body of the last missing person was retrieved, rescue officials said on Tuesday.
About 136 people were hospitalised and 14 were discharged from hospital earlier, they said.
Initial reports put the death toll at 55 and the number of missing at 9. Two victims had been mistakenly counted as missing, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying.
Crude oil began leaking from the underground pipeline operated by Sinopec in Qingdao`s Huangdao District.
The spill then flowed into the city`s sewage network, which empties into the Jiaozhou Bay.
Explosions ripped through residential and commercial roads in Huangdao on November 22 while workers were clearing the spill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi