December 21, 2012: Will world end today?
New Delhi: And the day has come when the Mayan `Long Count` calendar runs out and which New Age jibber jabberers have widely predicted an Apocalypse.
The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy had listed December 21 of 2012 as the date of the apocalypse.
Opinion is divided on whether the end will come via a planetary collision, a reversal of Earth`s poles, or with zombies. Many people are banking on the zombies.
While the whole world is talking about the Mayan Apocalypse, which is scheduled for today, real life Mayans say it may be more of a `transformation` than an `obliteration`.
Mayan elders say it is not so much a doomsday approaching as an Age-of-Aquarius-esque `transformation,` the Herald Sun reported.
The prophecy was found on a stone tablet thought to be 1,300 years old.
Films, documentaries and websites have promoted the idea that the ancient Mayan calendar predicts doomsday is on December 21, 2012.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry