December 21, 2012: Will world end today?
New Delhi: And the day has come when the Mayan `Long Count` calendar runs out and which New Age jibber jabberers have widely predicted an Apocalypse.
The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy had listed December 21 of 2012 as the date of the apocalypse.
Opinion is divided on whether the end will come via a planetary collision, a reversal of Earth`s poles, or with zombies. Many people are banking on the zombies.
While the whole world is talking about the Mayan Apocalypse, which is scheduled for today, real life Mayans say it may be more of a `transformation` than an `obliteration`.
Mayan elders say it is not so much a doomsday approaching as an Age-of-Aquarius-esque `transformation,` the Herald Sun reported.
The prophecy was found on a stone tablet thought to be 1,300 years old.
Films, documentaries and websites have promoted the idea that the ancient Mayan calendar predicts doomsday is on December 21, 2012.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam