December 21, 2012: Will world end today?
New Delhi: And the day has come when the Mayan `Long Count` calendar runs out and which New Age jibber jabberers have widely predicted an Apocalypse.
The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy had listed December 21 of 2012 as the date of the apocalypse.
Opinion is divided on whether the end will come via a planetary collision, a reversal of Earth`s poles, or with zombies. Many people are banking on the zombies.
While the whole world is talking about the Mayan Apocalypse, which is scheduled for today, real life Mayans say it may be more of a `transformation` than an `obliteration`.
Mayan elders say it is not so much a doomsday approaching as an Age-of-Aquarius-esque `transformation,` the Herald Sun reported.
The prophecy was found on a stone tablet thought to be 1,300 years old.
Films, documentaries and websites have promoted the idea that the ancient Mayan calendar predicts doomsday is on December 21, 2012.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB