December 21, 2012: Will world end today?
New Delhi: And the day has come when the Mayan `Long Count` calendar runs out and which New Age jibber jabberers have widely predicted an Apocalypse.
The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy had listed December 21 of 2012 as the date of the apocalypse.
Opinion is divided on whether the end will come via a planetary collision, a reversal of Earth`s poles, or with zombies. Many people are banking on the zombies.
While the whole world is talking about the Mayan Apocalypse, which is scheduled for today, real life Mayans say it may be more of a `transformation` than an `obliteration`.
Mayan elders say it is not so much a doomsday approaching as an Age-of-Aquarius-esque `transformation,` the Herald Sun reported.
The prophecy was found on a stone tablet thought to be 1,300 years old.
Films, documentaries and websites have promoted the idea that the ancient Mayan calendar predicts doomsday is on December 21, 2012.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why