December 21, 2012: Will world end today?
New Delhi: And the day has come when the Mayan `Long Count` calendar runs out and which New Age jibber jabberers have widely predicted an Apocalypse.
The Mayan Doomsday Prophecy had listed December 21 of 2012 as the date of the apocalypse.
Opinion is divided on whether the end will come via a planetary collision, a reversal of Earth`s poles, or with zombies. Many people are banking on the zombies.
While the whole world is talking about the Mayan Apocalypse, which is scheduled for today, real life Mayans say it may be more of a `transformation` than an `obliteration`.
Mayan elders say it is not so much a doomsday approaching as an Age-of-Aquarius-esque `transformation,` the Herald Sun reported.
The prophecy was found on a stone tablet thought to be 1,300 years old.
Films, documentaries and websites have promoted the idea that the ancient Mayan calendar predicts doomsday is on December 21, 2012.
(With ANI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'