`Deep 6.1 magnitude earthquake strikes Argentina`
Santiago del Estero: A major earthquake of 6.1 magnitude struck in Argentina, 69 miles east southeast of Santiago del Estero at a depth of 340 miles, the US Geological Survey said.
The quake occurred at 4:46 a.m. (2:46 a.m. EST) on Monday. A quake of that magnitude nearer the earth`s surface could cause severe damage in a densely populated area.
Santiago del Estero is in north central Argentina and has a population of about 245,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India