`Deep 6.1 magnitude earthquake strikes Argentina`
Santiago del Estero: A major earthquake of 6.1 magnitude struck in Argentina, 69 miles east southeast of Santiago del Estero at a depth of 340 miles, the US Geological Survey said.
The quake occurred at 4:46 a.m. (2:46 a.m. EST) on Monday. A quake of that magnitude nearer the earth`s surface could cause severe damage in a densely populated area.
Santiago del Estero is in north central Argentina and has a population of about 245,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India