`Deep 6.1 magnitude earthquake strikes Argentina`
Santiago del Estero: A major earthquake of 6.1 magnitude struck in Argentina, 69 miles east southeast of Santiago del Estero at a depth of 340 miles, the US Geological Survey said.
The quake occurred at 4:46 a.m. (2:46 a.m. EST) on Monday. A quake of that magnitude nearer the earth`s surface could cause severe damage in a densely populated area.
Santiago del Estero is in north central Argentina and has a population of about 245,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000