Deep 6.4-magnitude quake strikes Fiji region: USGS
Wellington: A 6.4-magnitude earthquake
struck the Fiji region on Sunday, the US Geological Survey said,
but no tsunami warning was immediately issued.
The undersea quake hit 321 kilometres (200 miles) west
of Suva at a depth of 555 kilometres at 2:07 am (1407 GMT),
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre which monitors the
region and issues bulletins in the event of a tsunami being
generated had no such warning in force.
The area lies on the Pacific "ring of fire", a highly
active tectonic zone that frequently experiences earthquakes
and volcanic eruptions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday