Deepening ties with India is strategic imperative: Kerry
Washington: Calling India an indispensable partners for the 21st century, US Secretary of State John Kerry said today said the dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of this bilateral relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges.
Laying out a roadmap for a long-term strategic partnership between the largest and oldest democratic countries, Kerry said that deepening America`s ties with India is a strategic imperative.
Noting that the India-US ties is yet to "blossom" together, Kerry said, "This is a potentially transformative moment in our relationship with India."
Kerry was referring to the post-election scenario and the formation of the new government, which he said has received historic mandate from its people to deliver change.
"The US and India can and should be indispensable partners for the 21st century. The dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of our relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges," he said.
He said the two countries can work together to tackle global challenges from climate change to clean energy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule
- Is butter healthy? Five reasons to eat Krishna's favourite!