Deepening ties with India is strategic imperative: Kerry
Washington: Calling India an indispensable partners for the 21st century, US Secretary of State John Kerry said today said the dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of this bilateral relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges.
Laying out a roadmap for a long-term strategic partnership between the largest and oldest democratic countries, Kerry said that deepening America`s ties with India is a strategic imperative.
Noting that the India-US ties is yet to "blossom" together, Kerry said, "This is a potentially transformative moment in our relationship with India."
Kerry was referring to the post-election scenario and the formation of the new government, which he said has received historic mandate from its people to deliver change.
"The US and India can and should be indispensable partners for the 21st century. The dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of our relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges," he said.
He said the two countries can work together to tackle global challenges from climate change to clean energy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena