Deepening ties with India is strategic imperative: Kerry
Washington: Calling India an indispensable partners for the 21st century, US Secretary of State John Kerry said today said the dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of this bilateral relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges.
Laying out a roadmap for a long-term strategic partnership between the largest and oldest democratic countries, Kerry said that deepening America`s ties with India is a strategic imperative.
Noting that the India-US ties is yet to "blossom" together, Kerry said, "This is a potentially transformative moment in our relationship with India."
Kerry was referring to the post-election scenario and the formation of the new government, which he said has received historic mandate from its people to deliver change.
"The US and India can and should be indispensable partners for the 21st century. The dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of our relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges," he said.
He said the two countries can work together to tackle global challenges from climate change to clean energy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi