Deepening ties with India is strategic imperative: Kerry
Washington: Calling India an indispensable partners for the 21st century, US Secretary of State John Kerry said today said the dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of this bilateral relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges.
Laying out a roadmap for a long-term strategic partnership between the largest and oldest democratic countries, Kerry said that deepening America`s ties with India is a strategic imperative.
Noting that the India-US ties is yet to "blossom" together, Kerry said, "This is a potentially transformative moment in our relationship with India."
Kerry was referring to the post-election scenario and the formation of the new government, which he said has received historic mandate from its people to deliver change.
"The US and India can and should be indispensable partners for the 21st century. The dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of our relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges," he said.
He said the two countries can work together to tackle global challenges from climate change to clean energy and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week