Deepening ties with India is strategic imperative: Kerry
Washington: Calling India an indispensable partners for the 21st century, US Secretary of State John Kerry said today said the dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of this bilateral relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges.
Laying out a roadmap for a long-term strategic partnership between the largest and oldest democratic countries, Kerry said that deepening America`s ties with India is a strategic imperative.
Noting that the India-US ties is yet to "blossom" together, Kerry said, "This is a potentially transformative moment in our relationship with India."
Kerry was referring to the post-election scenario and the formation of the new government, which he said has received historic mandate from its people to deliver change.
"The US and India can and should be indispensable partners for the 21st century. The dynamism and entrepreneurial spirit of our relationship is needed to solve some of world`s greatest challenges," he said.
He said the two countries can work together to tackle global challenges from climate change to clean energy and others.
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan
- NEET 2016: Government will take final call, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs