Defence exhibition gets underway in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia`s Defence Ministry is set to sign contracts worth more than USD 140 billion (10.4 billion ringgit) with local and foreign companies during The Defence Services Asia 2010 (DSA) exhibition underway here.
Bringing together arms producers and suppliers from all over the world the exhibition and conference has more than 22 countries participating.
Defence Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the ministry was currently exploring the possibility of procuring armoured vehicles, multi-role support ships and combat aircraft, new generation patrol vessels, frigates and network-centric operations.
He said the contracts would also involve some agencies and ministries which were aware of all the latest cutting-edge technology.
Over 200 high-profile visitors including defence ministers, top military brass, planners and procurement specialists are expected to attend the 12th DSA at the Putra World Trade Centre here.
The exhibition has attracted the participation of 22 countries including Australia, Turkey, Germany, UK, US, Italy, France, South Africa, Poland, Switzerland, Korea, China and Singapore.
The four-day event will showcase the most comprehensive range of cutting-edge technology for the army, navy, air force as well as the security and homeland enforcement agencies.
Among the major participating international and local defence and security companies are Glock, Samsung Techwin, Nadi Defence, SME Ordnance, System Consultancy Services (SCS), MFDM Group, AMP Corporation, DEFTECH, Composite Technology Research Malaysia, Tri Level Miltech and Bry Air Industries.
The DSA is Asia`s largest defence and security exhibition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read