Delhi blast: No assistance request yet, says US
Washington: The US has not received any request for specific assistance from either India, Georgia or Thailand on the series of attacks on Israeli diplomats in the three countries, the State Department said, but assured that America
was prepared to extend all help in investigations.
"We have not received a request for specific assistance. The US has conveyed to the governments of India, Georgia and Thailand our readiness to cooperate in any way on their investigations, and our embassies remain in close and continuing contact with host government authorities on this and all other efforts to deter terrorism," it said.
Earlier in the day, State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland said the US would not be surprised if the investigations in these bomb blasts lead it towards Iran, an allegation made by Israel.
"We wouldn`t be surprised if the fingerprints and the trail lead back to Iran but we`re not in a position to assess until the investigations of the host governments are complete," Nuland said at her daily news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof