Delhi bomb: Are we involved? Iran asks India
New Delhi: Iran`s Ambassador to India, Seyyed Mehdi Nabizadeh, on Wednesday said Tehran would neither accept nor deny Israeli allegation that it was behind the attack on its mission employee in New Delhi.
"We are not accepting or denying this (Israeli allegation about Tehran being behind the car bomb blast here on Monday). We don`t know anything," Nabizadeh told reporters.
"I hope the case will be verified. India and Iran always had a good relation. Definitely both governments will collaborate with each other," he said.
He added that if India’s security agencies blame Iran for this attack, Tehran will have to verify.
"It happened in India and if Indian security says something like this, we have to verify.”
Nabizadeh further expressed hope that India would India “verify the cases to know the real position”
“Till now their final reaction has not come. We hope it will come."
An Israeli embassy car carrying the wife of a defence attaché was targeted in a terror attack in New Delhi on Monday. In Georgian capital Tbilisi, police defused a car bombing device attached to a vehicle belonging to a Georgian national working for the Israeli embassy on the same day. A day later, three blasts rocked Bangkok on Tuesday and an Iranian was injured.
On Monday, Nabizadeh told IRNA, the Iranian news agency, that Israeli accusations about Tehran’s alleged involvement in attacks on Israeli personnel in India and Georgia were "untrue and sheer lies”.
"Any terrorist attack is condemned (by Iran) and we strongly reject the untrue comments by an Israeli official," Nabizadeh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?