Demjanjuk`s lawyer to defend former Israeli Prez
Jerusalem: An associate of the Israeli attorney who defended an accused Nazi-era war criminal says that the maverick lawyer will defend disgraced former Israeli President Moshe Katsav.
Attorney Tal Malik said Sunday that Yoram Sheftel will represent Katsav, who plans to appeal a seven year sentence for rape. Katsav began serving in December.
In the 1990s, Sheftel overturned an Israeli court`s death sentence for John Demjanjuk. In 2011, a German court convicted Demjanjuk of being an accessory to the murder of 28,000 people while guarding a death camp in Poland.
Katsav was sentenced in 2010 of raping an employee when he was a cabinet minister in 1998, and of sexual offenses involving two other women when he was president from 2000 to 2007. Sheftel denounced his conviction as a farce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves