Demjanjuk`s lawyer to defend former Israeli Prez
Jerusalem: An associate of the Israeli attorney who defended an accused Nazi-era war criminal says that the maverick lawyer will defend disgraced former Israeli President Moshe Katsav.
Attorney Tal Malik said Sunday that Yoram Sheftel will represent Katsav, who plans to appeal a seven year sentence for rape. Katsav began serving in December.
In the 1990s, Sheftel overturned an Israeli court`s death sentence for John Demjanjuk. In 2011, a German court convicted Demjanjuk of being an accessory to the murder of 28,000 people while guarding a death camp in Poland.
Katsav was sentenced in 2010 of raping an employee when he was a cabinet minister in 1998, and of sexual offenses involving two other women when he was president from 2000 to 2007. Sheftel denounced his conviction as a farce.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH