Democrats can keep majority: Bill Clinton
New York: Former US president Bill Clinton said on Wednesday that Democrats can still pull the November elections out of the fire if they refute Republican arguments and keep it from becoming a referendum on President Barack Obama.
He said the Democrats have to assume they will lose some Congressional seats in the midterm voting because they won a lot of exceedingly marginal seats in 2006 and 2008, "but whether these elections will be a big setback for the Democrats is yet to be determined."
"If the Democrats can make this a choice, not a referendum, they can win," he said in an interview. "If it`s a referendum on anger, apathy, laced with amnesia, they`re going to have a problem."
The Democrats need to answer the two key Republican arguments -- that they should be thrown out because they haven`t reversed the economic slump resulting from the global financial crisis and that "there`s too much spending and too much government”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi