Denied empty bottles, drunk Russian kills woman
Moscow: A drunken Russian man has been detained on suspicion of killing a woman for refusing to give him empty bottles for recycling.
The investigative committee said the incident took place in central Russia`s Kirov region.
The 22-year-old resident of Nizhnyaya Toima village, in a state of alcoholic intoxication, came to the house of a 51-year-old female villager and asked her for some water.
As the woman brought him water, the man demanded that she also give him some empty bottles, apparently so that he could claim a cash refund for recycling them.
When she refused, the man grabbed a knife and stabbed the woman several times. She died of her injuries at the scene, officials said.
The man faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'