Denied empty bottles, drunk Russian kills woman
Moscow: A drunken Russian man has been detained on suspicion of killing a woman for refusing to give him empty bottles for recycling.
The investigative committee said the incident took place in central Russia`s Kirov region.
The 22-year-old resident of Nizhnyaya Toima village, in a state of alcoholic intoxication, came to the house of a 51-year-old female villager and asked her for some water.
As the woman brought him water, the man demanded that she also give him some empty bottles, apparently so that he could claim a cash refund for recycling them.
When she refused, the man grabbed a knife and stabbed the woman several times. She died of her injuries at the scene, officials said.
The man faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?