Denmark: 2 hostages dead in anti-piracy operation
Copenhagen: Denmark`s Navy says two hostages have been killed in an anti-piracy operation off Somalia.
The navy says a Danish warship on Monday confronted a pirate vessel that it had been following along the Somali coast.
It says the Danes opened fire on the ship when its crew refused to stop. The pirates surrendered and the Danes took control of the ship.
In a statement today, the navy said there were 17 suspected pirates and 18 hostages on board the ship.
It said two of the hostages were seriously wounded and "their lives could not be saved."
The navy said it wasn`t clear how the hostages were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security