Denmark: 3 men arrested on terror suspicions
Copenhagen: Three men have been arrested in the Danish capital on suspicion of plotting a terror act after police found them in possession of automatic firearms and ammunition, Denmark`s intelligence service said on Friday.
The Security and Intelligence Service, or PET, said the men were arrested in two separate locations in Copenhagen in connection with an ongoing terror investigation.
Aside from facing preliminary charges of possessing illegal firearms, PET also said they are "suspected of having been in the process of preparing a terrorist act," but did not give any details about the target of such an attack.
"The investigation will establish on whether possible terror threats have been addressed and averted by the arrests," it said.
Preliminary charges are a step short of formal charges.
PET described the men as a 22-year-old Jordan national, a 23-year-old Turkish man living in Denmark and a 21-year-old Danish national who lives in Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city