Denmark: 3 men arrested on terror suspicions
Copenhagen: Three men have been arrested in the Danish capital on suspicion of plotting a terror act after police found them in possession of automatic firearms and ammunition, Denmark`s intelligence service said on Friday.
The Security and Intelligence Service, or PET, said the men were arrested in two separate locations in Copenhagen in connection with an ongoing terror investigation.
Aside from facing preliminary charges of possessing illegal firearms, PET also said they are "suspected of having been in the process of preparing a terrorist act," but did not give any details about the target of such an attack.
"The investigation will establish on whether possible terror threats have been addressed and averted by the arrests," it said.
Preliminary charges are a step short of formal charges.
PET described the men as a 22-year-old Jordan national, a 23-year-old Turkish man living in Denmark and a 21-year-old Danish national who lives in Egypt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read