Denmark braced for terror trial against 4 Swedes
Copenhagen: Four Swedes accused of plotting a revenge attack on a newspaper that printed caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad will go on trial on Friday in Denmark.
Prosecutors have described the four men as Islamic militants who wanted to frighten Danish society with a shooting attack on the Jyllands-Posten newspaper that printed the Prophet cartoons in 2005.
If found guilty of terrorism charges the four men could face some 16 years in prison, while prosecutors say they will ask that the men be expelled from Denmark after serving the sentence.
Observers say the trial will have little impact on Denmark`s international relations given that nearly seven years have passed since the cartoons` publication.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah