Denmark to send six fighter jets to the Baltics: Report
Copenhagen: Denmark is to send six fighter jets to the Baltic states to help patrol the air space over the region, where tensions are high after Russia`s annexation of Crimea, Danish media reported on Wednesday.
The F-16s will be part of an expanded NATO air policing mission.
Patrols are expected to begin on May 1 and continue until the end of August, said public broadcaster DR.
The Danish contribution was "an attempt to show solidarity with the Baltic countries in the current situation", it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!