Dennis Rodman brokering peace between North Korea, US?
Washington: Former basketball player Dennis Rodman is reportedly trying to broker peace between the US and North Korea.
Rodman`s publicist told TMZ that he was planning a second trip to the DPRK in the next six months.
The publicist added that the former player will try and secure peace between his new North Korean pal Kim Jong-un and President Barack Obama who would be playing on behalf of the NBA.
The aspiring diplomat allegedly wants to use his new odd-couple friendship with the `Outstanding Leader` to forge peace and convince Kim Jong-un to engage in talks with Obama, the New York Post reports.
Rodman, who raised many eyebrows when he visited the Communist leader with members of the Harlem Globetrotters, recently went on news programmes to encourage more relations between the two countries.
He appeared on `This Week` with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday to talk about his trip.
Rodman said of Kim that he loved basketball, adding that `Obama loves basketball. Let`s start there. Let`s start there`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie