Dennis Rodman brokering peace between North Korea, US?
Washington: Former basketball player Dennis Rodman is reportedly trying to broker peace between the US and North Korea.
Rodman`s publicist told TMZ that he was planning a second trip to the DPRK in the next six months.
The publicist added that the former player will try and secure peace between his new North Korean pal Kim Jong-un and President Barack Obama who would be playing on behalf of the NBA.
The aspiring diplomat allegedly wants to use his new odd-couple friendship with the `Outstanding Leader` to forge peace and convince Kim Jong-un to engage in talks with Obama, the New York Post reports.
Rodman, who raised many eyebrows when he visited the Communist leader with members of the Harlem Globetrotters, recently went on news programmes to encourage more relations between the two countries.
He appeared on `This Week` with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday to talk about his trip.
Rodman said of Kim that he loved basketball, adding that `Obama loves basketball. Let`s start there. Let`s start there`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom
- US Presidential Elections: Hillary Clinton takes lead over Donald Trump, new polls show
- Pope warns against `Balkanisation` of Europe after Brexit vote
- Six killed in Lagos 'militant' attack