Dennis Rodman brokering peace between North Korea, US?
Washington: Former basketball player Dennis Rodman is reportedly trying to broker peace between the US and North Korea.
Rodman`s publicist told TMZ that he was planning a second trip to the DPRK in the next six months.
The publicist added that the former player will try and secure peace between his new North Korean pal Kim Jong-un and President Barack Obama who would be playing on behalf of the NBA.
The aspiring diplomat allegedly wants to use his new odd-couple friendship with the `Outstanding Leader` to forge peace and convince Kim Jong-un to engage in talks with Obama, the New York Post reports.
Rodman, who raised many eyebrows when he visited the Communist leader with members of the Harlem Globetrotters, recently went on news programmes to encourage more relations between the two countries.
He appeared on `This Week` with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday to talk about his trip.
Rodman said of Kim that he loved basketball, adding that `Obama loves basketball. Let`s start there. Let`s start there`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand