Dentist buys ad asking Hillary Clinton to run again
Washington: A Chicago dentist is paying for a new ad advocating that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton make a second presidential run in 2012.
Hillary, who accepted the top diplomat`s job under Obama after her Democratic rival`s victory in 2008, has said she will not run for president again.
The ad initially aired on Wednesday in New Orleans, according to CNN, which first reported the story.
"She has more experience working in and with the White House than most living presidents," the text of the ad reads. "She is one of the most admired women in our nation`s history. Let`s make sure the president we should have elected in 2008 will be on the ballot in 2012."
The conclusion of the ad comes with a slogan: "Hillary 2012: Hillary Clinton for President. Start now. Where there`s a Hill there`s a way."
The dentist, William DeJean, told CNN on Thursday that he hopes to also air the ad in Washington, New York and Los Angeles.
He also said that he paid USD 5,000 to create the ad, though it`s not clear how much he will pay to air it.
According to a search of the Federal Election Commission database, DeJean made several contributions to Hillary’s run for the 2008 Democratic nomination, though USD 2,563 of the total he donated was returned after her campaign ended, Politico said.
In all, only USD 737 of more than USD 3,000 he tried to donate to Hillary ended up in her presidential coffers.
"I`m a dentist, and I don`t think this country is headed in the right direction," DeJean told the network.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves