`Deny sex to wives if they don’t vote’
Melbourne: A Zimbabwean politician has advised Ndebele men to deny sex to their wives if they are unable to prove that they have voted in the next election.
Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga, the secretary general of the MDC-N party, said that women from the minority group had cost the party many votes in the past.
Almost 300,000 women voters had registered themselves for the last election in 2008, but less than a third of the 300,000 who registered showed up at the polls.
“This shows us the extent to which women are letting us down,” the Courier Mail quoted her as saying.
Misihairabwi-Mushonga has urged ethnic Ndebele men to inspect their partner’s fingers for traces of the indelible ink in which voters have to dip their fingers on election day.
“If there is no ink to prove they have cast their vote, then they should put a total sex embargo on their wives,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH