`Deny sex to wives if they don’t vote’
Melbourne: A Zimbabwean politician has advised Ndebele men to deny sex to their wives if they are unable to prove that they have voted in the next election.
Priscilla Misihairabwi-Mushonga, the secretary general of the MDC-N party, said that women from the minority group had cost the party many votes in the past.
Almost 300,000 women voters had registered themselves for the last election in 2008, but less than a third of the 300,000 who registered showed up at the polls.
“This shows us the extent to which women are letting us down,” the Courier Mail quoted her as saying.
Misihairabwi-Mushonga has urged ethnic Ndebele men to inspect their partner’s fingers for traces of the indelible ink in which voters have to dip their fingers on election day.
“If there is no ink to prove they have cast their vote, then they should put a total sex embargo on their wives,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened