Destroying Al Qaeda significant foreign policy achievement: WH
Washington: Ending Iraq war, "winding down" in Afghanistan and destroying al Qaeda are some of the significant foreign policy achievement of the Obama Administration, the White House has said.
"I think the President would describe as one of his most important national security priorities, which is ending the war in Iraq and winding down in responsible fashion the war in Afghanistan, and doing that after the success of our efforts to dismantle and destroy al Qaeda core that had established a base of operations in the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan," White House Deputy Press Secretary Jay Carney said yesterday.
"That is a significant foreign policy accomplishment, and that was an accomplishment that is due in no small part to the bravery of our men and women in uniform," he said when asked about the major foreign policy accomplishments of the Obama Administration.
"But there was also a very important role to be played by other members of our national security team, including intelligence officers, including diplomatic officers, and some civilian employees of the federal government who have played an important role in trying to build up civil institutions in Afghanistan so that Afghanistan could never again be used as a base of operations for al Qaeda core or other extremists that seek to do harm to the United States of America and our allies," he said.
Earnest said the former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, rightly claims credit for the important foreign policy accomplishments.
These are ending the war in Iraq, responsibly winding down the war in Afghanistan, and decimating and destroying core al Qaeda.
"Those are a handful of accomplishments that certainly this President and this Commander-in-Chief are proud of, those are the kinds of accomplishments that Secretary Clinton can justifiably be proud of as well," the presidential spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked