Details of American journalist`s `sexual assault` emerge
New York: American journalist Lara Logan,
who became a victim of "sexual assault" while reporting on the
protests in Egypt, was stripped, punched, pinched and hit with
flag poles, according to a media report on Tuesday.
Giving fresh details of the assault against the CBC
correspondent that happened early this month, the report said
"her body was covered in red marks".
"Logan was stripped, repeatedly punched, slapped and
pinched so hard that sensitive parts of her body were covered
in red marks," The New York Post reported.
It said wounds on Logan`s body also revealed that she
had been hit by flagpoles.
After being rescued from the attack by a group of
women and Egyptian soldiers, Logan, the chief foreign
correspondent for the CBC, was taken to the Four Seasons
hotel, sedated and then flown to the US, where she is still
"Lara is getting better daily," a friend told the
Times, adding "the psychological trauma is as bad as, if not
worse than, the physical injuries. She might talk about it at
sometime in the future, but not now."
Last week, CBS said Logan was "sexually assaulted" and
beaten by a mob during her coverage of jubilation that ensued
after President Hosni Mubarak announced that he was stepping
In a short news release, CBS said the channel`s team
was surrounded by a mob of more than 200 people whipped into
frenzy, in the midst of the celebration.
"In the crush of the mob, she was separated from her
crew. She was surrounded and suffered a brutal and sustained
sexual assault and beating before being saved by a group of
women and an estimated 20 Egyptian soldiers," CBS had said.
Last week, President Barack Obama had called Logan, a
native of South Africa, while the White House asked Egypt to
bring the perpetrators to justice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves