Detained Nobel Peace Prize winner`s wife to challenge Chinese authorities over arrest
London: Liu Xia, wife of Noble peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo, is preparing a court challenge against the Chinese authorities for placing her under house arrest and to seek a retrial of her husband`s case.
Liu Xiaobo was jailed on subversion charges brought after he called for sweeping changes to Beijing`s one-party communist political system, the Guardian report.
On Friday, Liu Xia met with Beijing lawyers Mo Shaoping and Shang Baojun and handed them a letter authorizing them to prepare a legal petition that her husband`s case be reopened and heard in court.
One of Liu Xia`s lawyers Shang Baojun , said that her biggest worry at the moment is her brother as she feels guilty for causing trouble and negative influence to his family, driving her decision to take legal action.
Her brother, Liu Hui was recently sentenced to 11 years for a real-estate fraud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say