Development can`t substitute justice: Tibetan PM
Dharamsala: Tibetan Prime Minister-in-exile Lobsang Sangay on Saturday chaired an international conference on peace, justice and development being organised in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
Speaking at the conference, Sangay said that it holds great importance as they are looking forward to an amicable and peaceful resolution for attaining freedom for Tibet.
“Tibetans are perusing non-violent way of asserting our rights and in a peaceful way. What we are seeking is justice and then obviously you have to have development, but I think development cannot substitute justice however peaceful base, just base development is welcome and that is the purpose of this conference and sociology of law is very much related to all these three issues,” he said.
Julie Flatcher, a participant from Australia, said that they are also emphasising on the wider Tibetan Diaspora.
“There is a general relationship to Tibetan issues. There are also three papers being presented on Tibetan issue at this conference and I will be presenting one of the papers and I am speaking on is Tibetan life narrative practices, Tibetan testimony of practices as a form of non-violent human rights practice,” Flatcher said.
“This is something that is very important in Dharamsala and the wider Tibetan Diaspora,” he added.
The three-day long conference is being organised by the Central University of the state in collaboration with the Research Committee on Sociology of Law of International Sociological Association.
India is hosting this conference for the first time, which also happens to be the second of its kind to be held in Asia.
Participants from 13 countries across the world and 20 states of India are taking part in the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!