Devotees flock `miracle` Gurudwara in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Devotees are flocking a
Gurudwara in Malaysia after a Sikh holy symbol reportedly
appeared on the `rumala`, a yellow cloth covering the Guru
The minority Malaysian Sikh community were awestruck
after a `Khanda` image was seen forming on the `rumala` at the
97-year-old Sahib Serdang Lama Gurudwara here last week, New
Straits Times reported.
When a garland, offered by a devotee, was being placed
on the rumala, drops of water fell onto the rumala and formed
a patch resembling the Khanda, legal secretary Jasvinder Kaur
"From about 8.30 pm, there was lightning and thunder
as devotees were reciting prayers. As we completed our
prayers, I looked up after bowing to Guru Granth Sahib and I
saw with amazement the Khanda forming on the rumala," she
There was also a smaller image of the Khanda on the
lower left side of the cloth.
The incident happened on the last day of the
three-day prayer recitation in celebration of Baisakhi.
The Gurudwara`s priest, Guridtta Singh, an Indian
national who has been here for one-and-a-half-year, told the
paper that it was the first time he had seen such a
He said he never heard of such incidents in India or
any where else in the world.
Some devotees also claimed that a black bird had
appeared at the temple next morning (Friday), and was seen
flying onto the `palki`, where the Guru Granth Sahib was kept.
The bird then bowed to the holy book and flew to the
dining hall for a sip of water before flying off, the paper
The devotees said that they believed the bird was a
messenger of Guru Gobind Singh as he always had a bird on his
To mark the incident, the Gurudwara conducted a
12-hour prayer session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state